Sunday, March 21, 2010

getting cut

I was laying awake with the boyfriend a few weeks ago and I was thinking. I have a half-sister who I'm not close to at all. She's about eight years older than me and has always been jealous about the relationship I have with our Dad. It affected everything between us. But we've always known about each other. I was also compared with her a lot because she was also overweight.

When I was about 22, she (being about 30) made the decision to have gastric bypass surgery. She did and lost an incredible amount of weight. I remember her coming to the house to give me her fat clothes since she didn't need them anymore.

Bitch.

So she lost the weight. Great. Good for her. But when she was done and finally recovered from this huge stress on her body, she up and left her husband. And their three kids. For another man in another city who had his own kids.

Her family was devastated. How could you not be? And there was no apologies, no nothing. Her two daughters have gone through their teen years with no foundation and her son is only beginning to become social again. It was harsh, and still is.

Anyways, I was thinking about weight loss surgery. I am also thinking about laser eye surgery, which brought up the other surgery in my mind. While I would, in all honesty, like to have an option like that, I'm so irrationally terrified that I will turn out like her!

I know. A weird fear. I think it's because we were so similar and even now, my boyfriend is a lot like her ex-husband. The quiet part of us, while I'm the loud part of us. And now this fear had become planted that if I were skinny, I would be a total bitch like her.

I think I need to know more people who have had the surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment