Monday, March 29, 2010

feelin' sassy &thinking of clothes


This isn't a progress picture. More of a I like me some curvy hips. I don't have curvy hips. I was totally sticking my hip out for these. Me, I'm First Nations and our asses are flat like bannock. So when I *do* have an ass, it's chub, not ass. I'll be working on that. Squats are going to become my friend.
This also brings me to my latest additions: big-sexy-fashion blogs. I find that, since I am a larger woman, I have a hard time dressing myself. What I'm wearing above is a general sort of stay at home outfit for me. Stretchy work-out pants (cough cough... when I don't work out... cough, cough) and a tank. I write so I stay home a lot, in isolation. I like it, I crave it, but when I do go out, I have social obligations. Photographer, student, conference speaker, role model, grocery shopper. Most of these, I try and look somewhat put together and most times, that calls for something other than stretchy pants.

I will post a pic of what I'm wearing tonight. You'll see the difference. And it will be fun for me. I'm sorry if you don't like plus-size fashion. There will be some of that here. It's important to dress good to feel good to keep moral up, I think.

ETA: So here is my School Outfit.

Jeans: $10 from The Bargain Shop (sale) (no joke, this place is the BOMB for jeans. They fit great!)
Tank: $5 at Wal-Mart (sale)
Cardigan: $17 from Addition Elle (sale)

Scarf: Xmas gift
Jacket: $22 from Addition Elle (sale)
Purse: $40 from La Chateau
Obviously, I like me a good sale. I don't usually wear too much jewelry but I do have a lot of it so I want to use it more. I have a lot of purses but tend to wear one until I'm done with it being my favorite. Anyways, I felt good. It felt comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment