Monday, March 29, 2010

coffee makes the world go round


I love me some good latte. This past week, aside from actually keeping track of my foods (I am SO proud of doing this for ten days straight! Way to start a great habit!), was making most of my latte's "skinnies." Basically that means sugar-free/non-fat. Sure, I miss the whip and caramel sometimes, but it's a small price to pay. 

I also did a photoshoot with a friend this weekend and man, she totally inspired me. She is a tall, willowy thing BUT she works out hardcore to get muscle tone. She could totally just "get by" with not eating right or exercising but no. She eats right, she works out, she is aware of her health. When we were doing the shoot, I kept draping her arms in certain ways and she was all "What are you doing?" I had to explain that her muscle tone is SICK and I LOVE IT and I wanted a bunch of the photos to showcase that amazing strength and power. Feminine power rocks and she had it in spades, in all four areas of her life. 

So me, I did two push-up's when I got home. 

Yeah. Not so hot. 

But it was a start! I want muscle tone. I want to feel my muscles work. So inspired.

3 comments:

  1. I love coffee. I reward myself each week with caramel macchiato (sp?). Love it.

    2 push-ups is more than 0 push-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love skinny lattes. The vanilla and caramel are my favorites, but I've been wanting to try hazelnut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @seth: Mmmm. yes. That's my bf's drink, but he gets extra whip and drizzle. The creep.

    @debbie: hazlenut is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete