Thursday, October 15, 2009

why I want to lose the weight

{source}
I want to have a baby.

I'm engaged. Getting married next fall. And as soon as we say "I do," the birth control gets thrown out the window. We've been together over eight years already and we are both ready - mentally and emotionally - to take that step.

I'm just worried my body is going to make it harder to get pregnant, to stay pregnant, and to deliver a healthy baby.

I want to get my body at a healthy weight so I can carry my baby in good health, for it and for me. I want to use my body to its full advantage. I want to be able to say that I did all I could to make sure my baby came into this world healthy. That I took care of myself. That I took care of us.

Right now, if I were to miraculously get pregnant, it would be a hard pregnancy.

So this is a goal to work towards. A dream I'm dreaming. A status I want to achieve. Motherhood.

This is why I want to lose weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment