Tuesday, November 17, 2009

things i tell myself

This was from A Merry Life (love that girl):

What do you say to yourself about yourself? Is it positive? Is it negative?
Have you had to change it from negative to positive like I have?


What do I tell myself?

Honestly, it changes from day to day. Yesterday, for example, I was feeling good. I was in a good place mentally and emotionally. I told myself, over the course of the day:
  1. Your hair rocks bitch. Work it out. Huh-uh. (then I danced)
  2. Wow. Damn girl. Your eye make-up is taking it to the next level. Don't be afraid. Go there! (and then I took a thousand photos of myself)
  3. Your ass may be flat because you've been sitting at that chair for hours but you have rocked out fifty pages of thesis-writing in less than a week. Go have that beer. (and then I drank)
  4. Housecleaning is for wussies. (that had no relevance but I thought it!)
But don't get wrong, I have the bad days still. The days where I realize my jeans are snug, or that this middle tire is more prominent than I would like or when my boyfriend hugs me and I realize he has to lean over to hug me and we haven't hugged standing up straight in a long time - because my belly gets in the way.

I need to find pictures of that....

No comments:

Post a Comment