Monday, November 23, 2009

me and my nightly beer

As a writer, I'm one of those people that do things in certain ways to generate luck. Like the guy who will wear the same socks throughout the season to the hockey player who will only tape his stick in a certain way, I'm bound in my weird little tradition.

Every night once the man goes to bed, I crack open a cold beer and start writing my thesis.

Over the past week, I've generated 50 pages. And that's no laughing matter. It is amazing! The rush of writing inspiration has been insane and I'm going to ride it as long as possible.

So giving up alcohol is not really an option right now.

I know that it just makes you retain, it's useless calories, blah blah blah. But I write. Lots. So I'll do it.

I take this as a sign that my mind is not focused on weight loss like it needs to be, and that I'm just not "ready" for that mental-shift so many people experience when it comes to weight loss. And that does make me sad.

But I'm writing.

Do you have any weird traditions that aren't really "good" for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment