Wednesday, September 30, 2009

a shy hello

This is my second attempt at an anonymous weight loss blog. I found that when I googled myself, my first blog still came up as I had used a similar email. Well, no more. Anonymous is where it's at.

But why anonymous?

The simple fact is that I'm embarrassed.

I'm embarrassed enough that I care so much about my weight, that I let myself get this far, that I have this weakness. It's an issue that I'll be working on but for now, I'll make the change within and start working on the outside as I go through this struggle.

Anyways, who am I?

I'm a twenty-five year student, in my MFA program. I like Starbucks, scrapbooking, storytelling and obviously, I'm over-weight.

I am in the prime of my life in other matters - I'm engaged, I'm writing, I'm planning to start my photography business, I'm so very happy and fulfilled in my life - yet I don't want to go through the rest of my life as fat.

I got fat when I was eighteen. I left home, I stopped sports, and I started eating more and more unhealthy items. I didn't have self-control and it was all too easy to eat, drink and eat some more.

Pretty soon, I had a weight gain of 150 lbs in six years.

At my highest weight (March 13th, 2008), I weighed 325 lbs. It was insane.

So I'm making the change, slowly but surely. I currently weigh 318.4 lbs. And I plan to keep losing.

Nice to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment