Wednesday, September 30, 2009

a chilly Fall morning

{photograph: David Wise}
I woke up this morning, after a very late night, and sat at the computer. I work at the computer a lot. As a student in writing, I write. As a blogger with four active blogs, I blog. And there is emails, facebook and catching up on my other blogs.

I don't mind this time. It's a "me" time. I can just let my brain wake up slowly and get into the flow of things. I really enjoy taking my time in the morning, especially as the chill of Fall breezes through the city. Leaves are changing colour, days are getting shorter and a cup of coffee freshly brewed tastes fantastic.

Except I didn't have coffee.

A time for change. I drank my first glass of water this morning, mixed with some lemon juice.

I want to get my eight glasses a day in, and I am going to get my eight glasses a day in.

It seems like such a small goal but it isn't. I have always struggled with hydrating my body enough. After four or five cups, you kind of just get tired. Of peeing alll thhheee tttiiimmmmeee. But enough of that. I believe in positive thinking. I believe in change. And we all start somewhere.

Today, I start with water.

Tomorrow, the world.

ETA: got my eight glasses in!

No comments:

Post a Comment